Hurlingham Preschool is a small community kindergarten in Brighton East, Bayside, offering three and four year old programs. For over 50 years, our outstanding reputation has been built on a Philosophy of Community, Collaboration with families, and Commitment to giving your child a strong, confident and resilient foundation to start them on their lifelong learning journey.
Our huge kitchen garden, outdoor spaces and quality teaching sets us apart, but words can only say so much so please contact us for a chat and a tour.
10 Reasons why your child will thrive at Hurlingham Preschool
- Unlike long day care centres, we are a not-for-profit community Kinder offering sessional kinder to only 66 families (22 in each group). We have two 4yr old groups and one 3 yr old group, with an extra Friday session for 3 and 4 yr olds if needed.
- Your child will be nurtured and learn with our wonderful educators, who deliver a stimulating program that is play based with a range of exciting experiences related to maths, science, social studies, literacy, the arts, cooking, gardening and physical education to stimulate and extend each child’s learning.
- Our dynamic team of educators are supported by an engaged parent-run Committee of Management, an Administrator and Operations Manager.
- Our Kinder is a purpose built Preschool in Brighton East, with a huge kitchen garden and outdoor playground set amongst the greenery of Hurlingham Park. With sustainability and a respect for the environment central to our educational program, we have a digging patch, climbing frame, sun protected playground, swings, pizza oven, trickle stream, and resident rabbit. We also make full use of the Oval and parklands of Hurlingham Park.
- Our horticultural experts have created a huge Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden where children grow, harvest and prepare a wide selection of home grown produce. This is supported by our Healthy Lunchbox policy.
- You can be assured that our staff are regarded as educational leaders across the Bayside Kinder community.
- We have an active social calendar for children and parents, making full use of our pizza oven and local attractions. Committee meetings involve fruit, cheese boards, chocolate and wine!
- Our program includes many incursions and excursions. These vary year on year but have included visits to the Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks, NGV, Royal Botanic Gardens, beaches, local parks, science, cooking and animal welfare. This year the local police, dentists, florist, doctors and a vet also came in.
- Hurlingham Preschool has an outstanding reputation in the local area, and has been operating for over 50 years. We are the feeder Kinder for Gardenvale Primary and St Finbars’ Primary Schools, and children make lifelong friends here.
- Community, Collaboration and Commitment is at the heart of everything we do.
We acknowledge that we meet and work on land for which the peoples of the Kulin Nations are the traditional owners and custodians.
Hurlingham Preschool has zero tolerance towards child abuse and is committed to establishing and maintaining child safe and child friendly environments.
We would like to acknowledge the assistance of the Victorian State Government in funding 4year old kindergarten.