We are continually reviewing quality improvement at Hurlingham Preschool as part of the of the National Quality Standard by the Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
It is intended that the National Quality Standard set a new national benchmark for the quality of children’s education and care services and gives families a better understanding of a quality service. This enables families to make informed decisions about the services providing education and care to their child.
The National Quality Standard was informed by research about best practice and the way in which high quality education and care contributes to positive outcomes for children. It comprises quality areas, standards and elements.
THE SEVEN QUALITY AREAS ARE:
- Educational program and practice
- Children’s health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management.
The National Quality Standard is linked to national learning frameworks that recognise children learn from birth and outline practices to support and promote children’s learning.
- Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (‘Early Years Learning Framework’)
- My Time, Our Place: Framework for School Age Care in Australia (‘Framework for School Age Care’). ‘ (source: ACECQA)
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR HURLINGHAM FAMILIES?
- The development of a Quality Improvement plan with clear information about Hurlingham strengths in the seven quality areas and planned improvements
- More information about what we do and what we are planning
- More input into Preschool activities via website, suggestion book and annual survey
- The chance to participate in the Quality Improvement Plan Sub-committee for interested parents and carers
- Positive changes around the Preschool, like the introduction of the Reflections Book and suggestion book in the foyer
We look forward to your thoughts, comments and suggestions. If you would like to contribute feedback please forward all comments to: QIP@hurlinghampreschool.org.au