A policy is an agreed set of decisions with a common purpose that provides information about what we do/do not do and, in some cases, what we cannot do. Hurlingham Pre-School (HPS) is governed by a number of policies and it is the responsibility of the Committee of Management (COM) to ensure that these policies:
- meet the needs of the staff, parents/guardians, committee, children and community;
- reflect both the values and beliefs of HPS and current thinking; and
- are relevant in terms of current laws, legislation and regulations.
These policies are therefore regularly reviewed and updated by the COM to ensure that HPS:
- meets all legislative & regulatory requirements;
- reflects best practice in the early childhood sector; and
- reflects changes in the early childhood sector such as the introduction of the information technology.
A complete set of our policies are located in the foyer of the kindergarten and can be accessed by parents/guardians at any time. Alternatively, click on the links below to view the policies on-line. Any questions regarding our policies and procedures should be directed to a member of the Committee of Management.:
Sun Smart Policy
Hurlingham is a Sun Smart accredited centre and to maintain this accreditation we have a policy – NO HAT, NO OUTSIDE PLAY.